Best Affiliate Programs For Beginners
First, there are hundreds of affiliate programs online, new ones are also springing up every year with great products and services.
In the good old days, making money from blogging wasn’t that really quiet popular, and people didn’t take it serious.
The old form of earning money online was monetizing your blog by placing ads on each page.
Well that really didn’t pay much because, you’ll need tons of traffic to get rewards.
In some years back, a few bloggers monetize their websites or blogs with AdSense, and even until today the majority depend on AdSense to make a side income.
Today, I would like to introduce something very new that could pay you more money than just placing ads.
Do you know Affiliate Marketing?.
Affiliate marketing has outgrown its role as just another marketing channel and it has become an objective in its own right.
Additionally, it uses many of the same tools as the more traditional digital marketers such as email, search, social, SEO and retargeting, and is now an integral part of many integrated marketing campaigns.
Obviously, affiliate marketing is one of the best and lucrative ways of making money online.
If you are not taking full advantage, then know that you’re missing out.
Before we start, let me explain affiliate marketing.
Affiliate Marketing is when a digital publisher, website or blog promotes a product or service and then gets a commission based on the volume of sales or leads.
Besides, there are many ways in which you can earn money with this program.
Beginning with one of them is:
CPA(cost per action). In other words, people define it as acquisition for online service.
CPL(Cost per lead) – You receive commission when a client signs-up to a service.
CPS – Cost per sale
These are all commission types.
There are two ways the CPA are set:
Flat Rate: A fee is paid when some performs an action on the offer. This is typically used for registration type actions with no cost, such as a credit card sign-up or for a fixed price product like a mobile phone contract.
Revenue Share: When a client buys a product or service, the system tracks purchases and commissions are paid to the affiliate. This is commonly favoured by advertisers selling a variety of tangible goods at different prices, such as fashion retailers.
Affiliate marketing isn’t just putting banners on the sidebars
In fact, most campaigns get less than 10% of sales as a result of banner adverts.
These days people are ignoring banners and they don’t even click on them often.
As a result, successful publishers employ different techniques to sell and make lots of sales.
Ranging from text links, targeted email campaigns and so on.
So how many affiliate networks are there?
Well, there are tons of them.
Some networks are really generous, they pay good commission rates to their affiliates and even offer support and training.
In addition, most affiliate networks do pay commissions recurringly, others too just pay once.
Now I’ll be listing the 7 best high paying affiliate programs, namely:
ClickBank is a popular name in the world of affiliate marketing.
It has built up trust among the sellers and affiliates in the past 20 years. You can find a wide range of digital and non-digital products.
On the successful sale of a product, the merchant gets a sale and the affiliate gets commission.
It’s simple right?
Nevertheless, it is not that simple.
People don’t earn much through clickbank due to lack of knowledge, and not getting the right mentorship and coaching.
The clickbank marketplace is always competitive, so always make sure you do a thorough market research before you start selling.
- Very well established
- One of the largest and trusted affiliate network
- Payment is always on time
- Affiliates can sell from almost anywhere in the world
- A variety of products comes with affiliate pages just to help you market the product or service.
- ClickBank also has a training program.
- Tons of useless products, you have to go through and select the best niche.
- There are some scammy looking products
- Refund rates are quite high
- Honestly, if you choose a good product, you have nothing to worry about.
Gurus create top products and they also have the right marketing tools for you to sell them.
Just like any other affiliate network, there is no magic trick.
The amount of money you earn is directly proportional to the amount of effort you put in.
A lot of affiliates are earning huge commission checks and they have a huge inventory of vendors products.
JVZoo is legit, but unlike a lot of other affiliate programs, in JVzoo you need to apply to the developer of the product you want to promote and get approved.
If a new product is out, the vendor want to know that you’ll be proactive promoting their product.
Often vendors will give you bonuses if you reach out to them or they will provide this kind of information on their launch page.
They might have them listed on their JV affiliate tools pages.
- More products to promote which relates to online marketing.
- JVZoo isn’t picky at all in approving vendors. This is a huge benefit for whoever wants to sell their products.
- As a vendor you get a commission immediately if people check out through Paypal. You get the money directly on your Paypal account and you’re then able to withdraw it and put it on your bank account.
- Creating a funnel is easier than Clickbank (for vendors).
- Affiliates get instant pay straight away like vendors.
- Vendors have to agree to issue refunds. This is incredibly useful as the percentage of “genuine refunds” is actually quite low comparing to customers that want a refund because “the course isn’t what I was looking for”.
If you have less than 50 sales, pretty much no vendor will ever put you on instant commissions. This means, to get your money, you will wait barely a minimum of 30 days.
- You will have to request approval to promote products. 99% of the times, they grant you the approval , but it creates a lag between the time you find a product and the time you can start promoting.
- Vendors win 99% of the times, but still it’s a waste of time like no others.
- When you have a lot of products and a lot of sales, hiring a staff is pretty much a must.
- For affiliate marketing, JVZoo is better as you have more products to promote.
- Amongst Big Boys, JVZoo is usually the biggest gateway.
3. Commission Junction (CJ)
This company is the largest affiliate network in North America and operates worldwide. Among the top 500 retailers using 3rd party affiliate marketing software, Commission Junction powers 62%.
Commission Junction does not reveal what their top converting programs are, but you can monitor some signals.
Before you sign-up to join this affiliate network, there are two most important metrics you should look for;
- Network Earnings, and
- Earnings Per (100) Clicks (EPC).
Let me go deeper.
Network earnings ranks from 1 – 5 bars, with 1 being the lowest, and 5 being the highest.
Here’s a quick scale for reference:
EPC (earnings per 100 clicks) is measured on 1week(7 days) and 1month(30 days) timetable. I put more weight on the 30 days EPC than the 7 days EPC.
EPC is calculated across the network, which means that, an EPC can be inflated or deflated if a high traffic affiliate sends a large percentage of the merchant’s clicks.
It’s important to know that your conversion rate will vary widely, depending on several factors within your control.
These factors can have a profound influence on your conversion rate:
- The relevance of your website and page content as it relates to the merchant’s offer(s).
- Overall quality of your website and the visitors.
- Your ability to pre-sell the merchant’s products and services.
Here are some reasons why you may want to join CJ:
- Wide Selection of Offers – Besides having tons of merchants, CJ also offers different type of offers. Besides the typical Pay-Per-Sale deal, you can also find Pay-Per-Lead or Pay-Per-Call offers.
- Established Merchants – Most of the merchants in CJ tend to be of the more established, Fortune-500 type of companies.
- Performance Stats
- Tons of Affiliate Banners
- Individual product list
- Centralized affiliate payment – This means, CJ pays the merchant so your paychecks are secured.
- Advertiser Application Process – Unlike ClickBank where you’re free to promote anything you want, in CJ you have to manually apply to individual merchants and agree to individual terms of service.
- Temporary Advertiser Deactivation – Because of the billing process between CJ and its merchants, you constantly get “Advertiser Deactivation” notifications.
- Lack of Standardization – Each merchant has their own terms of service (TOS) and refund terms, which means that all your commissions are handled differently.
- Old-School Conversion Tracking – CJ’s stats and reporting features are not up to date.
- Link Encryption and Protection – CJ offers the option to complete encrypt your link so that your affiliate ID is hidden and hijacking is impossible.
- Payment Option – commissions are sent directly to your PayPal account. Checks are so tedious to deal with and it messes up your cash flow.
- Although Cj does offer an ACH (bank transfer) option, this is only for affiliates from a few countries.
- Reputation for closing inactive affiliate accounts.
4. Impacts Radius
A team of internet marketing experts found Commission Junction (CJ) in the year 2008, Savings.com and LeadPoint.
Impact Radius is the first digital marketing tech company that gives full suite of digital marketing products.
It also offers products in the following categories:
- Computers, electronics and technology
- Travel and tourism
- Artsa and entertainment
- Food and drinks
It has over 500 offers with different commission types;
CPA, CPS, and CPL. This kind of platform is best for non-profit online stores and traders.
Promotional partners often go ahead and promote the deals to get higher conversion deals.
They can also subscribe to an advertiser deal feed to receive notifications of any promotions made available on the platform.
It will surprise you that impact radius pays commissions as high as 100%.
Affiliates can choose to payout through ACH (free), cheques (with a $5 processing fee) and international bank transfer (charges vary depending on the bank and location).
Additionally, affiliates can set the threshold limit for payment between a range of $25-$5000.
Besides, signing-up with this network is also free!.
What’s the Good Thing about Impact Radius:
- Its easy to use and navigate through the site
- Lots of resources and education tools available
- You get full access to built-in reports anytime you want.
- Global marketplace with over 500 offers(different niches and affiliate programs).
Impact Radius has a great following on the internet, with hardly any negative feedback compared to other networks.
Rakuten is a japanese company built in 1997, Hiroshi Mikitani is the founder and owner of this industry.
The company deals in electronic commerce and internet services.
Also, it operates japan’s biggest internet bank, and is popularly known to be the 3rd largest credit card company.
This affiliate network can process payments to over 202 countries in 25 different currencies.
There are several services they provide such as:
- Online Market
- Online Banking – mostly operated in japan
- Cards and payments
- Travel Reservations
- Professional Sports
- Marketing and Data Analysis
- Electronic Reading and E-books
- Fashion and Trends
- Mobile messaging applications
- Account Creation is fast and easy.
- Ages from 18+ years can access and join the site.
- Creating accounting is free, you don’t pay anything.
- Rakuten does not allow unauthorized access to personal information on the site.
- Sellers can pay through credit cards, debit cards or any other payment method specified by rakuten.
- Sellers are not permitted to access buyers credit card information.
- The buyer’s address is provided to the seller to make shipment easier and possible.
- Buyers and sellers negotiate and agree on the prices of the commodities they are selling based on tax and other shipping expenses.
- Itis a legal business
- You can’t buy or sell products without creating your account.
- They have every right to disable your account permanently without any prior notice.
- Rakuten will not be liable for the termination of the account.
- Orders may take longer to get delivered if the buyer is not from Japan.
- Purchase on the site is limited.
- Corporations, partnerships or legal entities are not allowed to make a purchase.
- It is also limited to 50 states of the United States or the District of Columbia exclusive of its territories and possessions.
- When a client buys a product, it’s impossible to change or cancel the orders.
Amazon is one of the biggest e-commerce giants we all know today. The company has had a lot of huge success over the years.
There are a wide range of products, thousands of them in amazon store, ranging from skincare, beauty products, apparels…etc.
Millions of customers troop in to shop at Amazon everyday, and the marketplace is really large with great potential.
Amazon has built a strong brand, solid reputation, social presence and trust, so there’s no way this industry will collapse anytime from now.
It also focuses on other areas such as cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence.
The Amazon Affiliate Program
In fact, amazon offers another great opportunity for those wanting to earn a side income.
Additionally, commission rates varies for each category you would like to promote, the cookie duration period last between 24hrs – 30days, depends on the product you choose.
- Easy to Sign Up
- Easy to Promote – You can choose the way you want to sell your product from various methods; email campaigns, content, video… etc( it doesn’t matter if you have less traffic).
- Unlimited Niches Available
- You can even sell amazon – Branded products and services as well, like amazon prime, kindle unlimited, twitch prime, and a lot more.
- Lower commission structure – Some categories on amazon pay 5% or less.
- 24hrs cookie duration – When a customer clicks on your link, you only have 24hrs to earn a commission for the product purchased. If they return to Amazon a week after reading your review, you won’t get a commission for the sale unless he/she took the time to add products to their cart recently.
Sign up for the amazon affiliate program here.
Teespring is a website where you can customize tee-shirts and other apparels like hoodies, socks, mugs etc.. using their proprietary online design software.
Once you create a custom design, you can easily share your link with friends or groups on social media.
Moreover, the difference between teespring and other different t-shirt designs is that, shirts aren’t actually made until you have a minimum order.
This way you don’t have to buy a bunch of shirts you aren’t sure are going to sell or not.
Teespring Pays You for your efforts!
Once you get the minimum amount of orders, the shirts are sent out.
You as the designer gets a percentage of the profits for creating the design!.
Futhermore, it handles all the heavy work, but since you are the one that created the shirt design and marketed it, you get a portion of the money.
Of course, teespring takes their share but you get yours as well.
How does it work?
Head over to teespring.com and hit “Start Designing”.
It’ll ask you to create an account, provide a unique name, email, and password.
They don’t ask for any payment information when your first setting up an account or first creating a shirt design.
You’ll then be asked to “Pick Your Canvas”.
They have a number of options since they originally started.
You can create unique/clever designs on a wide variety of items including:
- Canvas Prints
- Beach Towels
- Phone Cases
- Wall Tapestry
- Posters (12″x24″) & (24″x36″)
- Indoor Pillows
- Tote Bags
Next, once you finish a design, teespring will let you set the price for your custom tee-shirt, maybe $50 will do.
Luckily, teespring has a recommended selling price for potential clients.
In addition to what you set the price at, teespring will show you how much of a profit you’ll make based on how many shirts you sell and the price you set them at.
So simple economics, the higher price you set and the more you sell, the more profit you’ll make.
To illustrate, if 7 shirts are purchased, you’ll make $70 or $7 per shirt if sold for $23.99.
Besides, teespring is the best choice because it’s easier to sign-up, doesn’t take too long to get approval and selling is super easy.
Thus, if you want to make it in affiliate marketing, try promote something you love, and share that product to your niche.
Don’t flood the whole internet with scammy offers expecting people to buy.
Always remember that, offering great value to your clients is key to succeeding in affiliate marketing.
In conclusion, all affiliate networks are not 100%, so make sure you do a thorough research to find out if truly these companies are legit or scam.
Now from what we’ve discussed in this article, which affiliate program would you consider first and why?.