Selling Apps On Amazon For Profit
There’s billions of apps on the internet we see today, we usually find them on Google playstore and Appstore.
Have you noticed that many apps are having lots of downloads whiles others are not?
Well, it’s simply because some developers use good strategies to sell their product and whiles others don’t use the right channels.
If you submitted your apps to google or apple store and it didn’t work out well for you, there’s another alternative for you to try.
In this article, I’ll be talking about the steps to review before selling your apps globally on amazon.
To begin, there are 2 important questions to ask.
- First, can you sell globally?
- Do you have the rights to distribute your app worldwide?.
It is your responsibility to verify the rights to distribute your apps and content everywhere.
The following services are available in all marketplaces:
- In-App Purchasing API
- Login with Amazon API
- Device Messaging API
- Game Circle API
- Amazon Cloud Drive API
The following APIs are available in only some marketplaces:
US, UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, and France.
The amazon mobile ad Network serves ads to users in U.S., U.K, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and Japan.
1. Product localization
Amazon does not need apps to be localized.
While you must have an english product description, you can also give a localized product description.
To localize your product description:
- Sign into the Developer Console, click apps, Services and then » My Apps.
- In the dashboard, click the app that you would like to edit and select the description tab.
- Click on the Add localized Description button at the top, and you will see a screen where you can select the language you wish to add, and then add your translation.
Making your app available worldwide
Just two steps for this.
2. Select the countries in which you want to sell your apps
When you come up with a new app, its already available in all countries by default.
To change availability:
- Click availability and pricing tab in My Apps.
- And select specific countries where you’d like to sell your apps.
Developers are responsible for making sure their apps complies with export and import restrictions and the laws of the countries in which the apps are sold.
3. Set Your list Prices
By default, amazon will estimate the list price used to calculate royalties for sales of your app in foreign currencies based on recent exchange rates when you use this tool, but you can change this if you wish.
In the example above, you can see that $2.99 in USD became ₤1.96 Pounds in Great Britain.
You may wish to change this (and other) list prices to end in 0.99, 0.49, or other common values.
List prices for apps and IAP items do not automatically change when currency rates do.
If you need to update your list prices, simply make some changes through the availability and Pricing tab, and re-submit your app or IAP items.
Now you know you’re fully prepared and confident to sell your app worldwide to make some cash.
Like this article?
Share and Follow us on our facebook for more.
Subscribe: Don’t miss an article, get notified on the latest updates and trends, receive fresh content into your mailbox daily.
Join us today and be the first to grab our newsletters, you’re awesome!. »Click here to subscribe«
Other posts you may also like:
- Does Amazon Deliver On Sundays? – Here’s What You Need To Know
- Blogging With Google Sites: How To Profit From Your Blog
- How To Change Facebook Page Name Easily