How To Use Google Meet
Google meet is a business-oriented version of google’s hangouts platform and is good for businesses of all sizes.
With google meet, you can host video calls with up to 100 people, depending on the service plan you choose.
How to Use Google Meet
You can plan a video meeting in the google calendar or gmail.
But make sure that you have a sign in to the G-suite account and read all the terms and conditions of the app.
Then, you can use the google meet by the following steps:
- Go to meet.google.com in a web browser
- Tap on join or start a meeting. You can create a nickname (if you want to) for your meeting so that only people in your organization can quickly join the meeting once they enter a nickname. Ensure that it should be unique so that you can avoid accidentally joining of uninvited people.
- Tap continue
- Tap join now
If you want to add someone to a meeting, select an option:
- Tap on the copy joining info and paste the meeting details into an email or another app.
- Tap add people and choose an option.
- Under the Invite section, choose a name or enter an email address and tap Send invite.
- Under the call section, you can enter a phone number and tap call.
Note: You can send a meeting link to people outside of your organization, but if it is someone from within your organization then you have to give access to the video meeting.
Google Meet Benefits
Google is suspending the fees on the premium version to assist startups and schools operating remotely.
It allows a maximum of 250 members per call.
Live streaming with an increased audience limit of up to 100,000 viewers within a domain.
The ability to record meetings and save them to google drive.
This will no doubt help businesses with holding big meetings online, giving company-wide presentations, and saving meetings for others to view at a later time.
“As more businesses adjust their work-from-home policies and adopt minimum travel plans in response to COVID-19, we’re helping to ensure that all globally distributed teams can still reliably meet face to face, even if employees are not in the same location.” – Google
These features are typically available only in the enterprise edition of G-suite, as well as the G-suite enterprise for education.
Google Meet Review
Google meet is awesome, it is great for business presentations and education based on my experience but when you try to use it for a multiuser party, birthdays and another kind of friends and family reunion, it can be chaotic.
On mobile devices, you only see the speaker and a tiny screen up to four recent speakers, remember in a party everybody talks at the same time, then the screen is a mess.
It can be disturbing and also cause some dizziness.
It is fun with not more than 10 people and if you keep your mic mute.
Better try google hangouts now, it supports 25 people.
So far, there are no reported issues about google meet.
Google has taken safety measures to prevent the leakage of meeting credentials.
Google meet also would be a good alternative to CISCO webex and zoom because they have a lot of network and security issues which makes them unsafe for confidential meetings.
Was this helpful?
Share this article and follow us on our facebook page for more updates.
Other posts you may also like:
- How to Search For Blogspot Blogs
- How to use bing webmaster tools for site verification
- The 7 Best Affiliate Programs You Should Join Now
- Blogging With Google Sites: How to Profit From Your Blog
- Facebook image size for ads: How to optimize images