How To Disable Comments On Facebook Posts
Imagine you post a video, picture or something on facebook that received a lot of engagement.
Think about the reaction your audience will give to that post, some may decide to like or comment to express their emotions, thoughts and opinions about what they’ve seen or read.
Your content may be valuable to readers but it doesn’t mean you will always receive positive vibes from people, there will be
be criticisms at some point.
This shouldn’t deter you from doing what you love, if it’s fun and entertaining keep on, nobody can stop you.
Sometimes it’s really discouraging to see people not giving you the go ahead to create good content when you receive negative reactions from them.
I’ve had several comments on this blog and I find it extremely difficult to approve all of them, I don’t have the time to do it.
I get a lot of spammy comments which aren’t even necessary and doesn’t add value to what I wrote.
Same thing occurs on facebook platform, it’s very irritating but what can you do?, you have no option but to just leave them to comment anything on the post.
If you’ve been looking for a way to block comments on facebook posts, then you are here at the right place.
Now in this article, I’ll be dealing with how to disable comments on facebook posts and videos.
To do this correctly, follow these steps below:
- First, you login to your facebook account with the necessary details.
- Go to menu and click on settings and privacy.
- Click on settings, select public posts. Under public post comments, you can choose to allow who to comment on your posts.
- Check the friends box and click save
Disabling comments for facebook page
If you manage a page:
- Quicky head over, look for the settings icon, and click on it.
- Under general tab, scroll down to the bottom and click content moderation.
Here, admins and moderators can easily block comments by entering some relevant words that are commonly used by your audience into the box.
Managing a Facebook Group
If you are already in a group, disabling comments on posts is super easy, here’s how you do it:
- Go to the group you manage or belong.
- Post a picture, video, or anything, and then click on this icon (•••) at the top right.
You will see an option with “turn on commenting“, using android or iPhone, tap to turn off or on.
The same things goes for desktop users too.
This is the only way to disable any comments on your posts in a facebook group.
Was This Helpful?
Share this article and follow us on our facebook page for more updates.
Other posts you may like:
- How to use wordpress disable comments to block spammers
- What is a Meta Tag in SEO?, Why is it so important?
- How to Learn Something New Everyday: 5 Best Tips For Bloggers