How to Deal With Stress at Work
The life of a worker, blogger or an entrepreneur is nothing but stress.
One of the biggest predictors of success is how you handle stress. For most people, it is normal to handle stress, but for others, they find it extremely difficult.
How To Dealing With Stress?
Human mentalities vary from person to person. Some people suffer from stress related to:
- Exams and academics
The list goes on and on.
Some people overcome stress in many ways just by:
- Listening to music
- Watching movies
- Long drive
- Hangout with friends
- Sound sleep
- Drinking tea
It depends on person to person and how they tackle stressful situations.
For most people, listening to music and having a deep sleep helps calm their stress, but I personally don’t like disturbances when sleeping, because the brain needs enough rest to gain full functionality in this state.
So what causes stress?.
It depends on a person’s thinking patterns and coping skills, almost anything can cause stress. Some of the most frequent ones include:
- The economy
- Personal health issues
- Housing costs
- Job stability
So we can confidently say that,
the root cause of stress are as a result of financial difficulties and health related problems. If you lose your job, have a debt to pay, or you can’t find any work to do to help you make a living that creates more problems.
Regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, culture and religion, no one is immune to the burdens of stress.
According to The American Institute of Stress, statistics shows that:
- About 33 percent of people report feeling extreme stress
- 77 percent of people experience stress that affects their physical health
- 73 percent of people have stress that impacts their mental health
- 48 percent of people have trouble sleeping because of stress
Unfortunately, for about half of all Americans, levels of stress are getting worse instead of better.
How To Handle Stress
Stress is a common experience for most people. In fact, 60%-70% of adults living in the United States say they feel stress everyday.
There are ways to relieve stressful situations. You can exercise your body, take supplements, use scents to calm your mood (aromatherapy), and release financial burdens.
Exercise is one of the most important things you can do to combat stress.
It might seem contradictory, but putting physical stress on your body through exercise can relieve mental stress.
The benefits are strongest when you exercise regularly. People who exercise regularly are less likely to experience stress than those who don’t exercise.
There are a few reasons behind this:
- Stress hormones – Exercise lowers your body’s stress hormones such as cortisol in the long run. It also helps release endorphins, which are chemicals that improve your mood and act as natural painkillers.
- Sleep – Exercise can also improve your sleep quality, which can be negatively affected by stress.
- Confidence – When you exercise regularly, you may feel more competent and confident in your body, which in turn promotes mental wellbeing.
- Activities – Try to find an activity you enjoy, such as walking and dancing during your leisure hours at work.
Several supplements promote stress reduction.
Here is an overview of the most common ones:
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – One study showed that medical students who received omega-3 supplements experienced a 20% reduction in anxiety symptoms.
- Herbal Tea – Herbal tea contains many polyphenol antioxidants which provide health benefits. It may lower stress and anxiety by increasing serotonin levels.
- L-Arginine – Arginine is said to lower the risks of getting cardio related problems, it helps supplies oxygen levels to improve cardiac functions.
- Forever Focus – Promotes mental clarity, focus and overall cognitive health for your brain.
Where to buy these products?.
Go to our shop here and purchase your items:
- Fish Oil Supplement (#376)
- Herbal Tea (#200)
- Forever Focus (#622)
- L-Arginine plus (#504)
Note: The item numbers are the product codes
Using scents to treat your mood is known as aromatherapy.
Aromatherapy is using essential oils to calm, soothe and relax your mood. Several studies show that aromatherapy can help reduce stress, anxiety and improve sleep.
Some scents are especially soothing. Here are some of the most calming scents:
- Ylan ylang and chamomile
Shop your Items: lavender oil (#506), lemon oil (#507), peppermint oil (#508), ylang ylang & chamomile (#511)
Releasing Financial Burden
This is the most difficult part, financial difficulties are also a huge problem. If there’s a debt or bills to pay or you don’t have money to buy a house, it creates financial stress on the mind.
So how do you solve this situation?.
Probably, you may think of borrowing money from a friend, that’s not a good idea, already you have some debts to clear so never think of lending money again.
There are money making opportunities online, you can just choose one and start of something. At least, this will release the financial burden a little.
Stressful situations are not easy to handle, it doesn’t matter your age and gender, problems come everyday so try your best to get a solution to solve them before it gets complicated.