What are the Best Contact Forms For WordPress?
If you want a customer’s personal info on your website, then you simply need a contact form to do that.
Some wordpress themes already have built-in forms.
However, it is better to create your own with plugins since you can adjust the appearance, and add any extra files. You take total control over your forms.
There is a range of free and premium form plugins which have various features.
But most importantly it depends on your demand.
You have to determine what you want before deciding to use any form plugins.
Today, I will give you the best contact forms for wordpress and how you can add one to your blog/website.
Before we begin you need to know something about contact forms.
First, What is a Contact Form?
Its one of the simplest form where the owner gets contact details to touch users without exposing your own information.
For contact forms, the user fills a simple form which is related to contact details like phone number, email, name, addresses and so on.
Sometimes the owner wants to examine any record related to any topic, market stretegy, employee company database, inventory and goodwill of the company.
With the help of a survey form, the owner can get records easily and have access to existing data.
Some plugins allow you to ask a variety of questions to use text or drop-down menu.
There are many forms you can use for your site, the best ones I know so far are;
- Contact form 7
- Ninja forms
- Gravity Forms
- Formidable forms
- User frontend Submit Pro
- Google Forms
- Captain Forms
How You Can Create/Add a Form to WordPress
It is very easy to create a form in wordpress, you can do that in a number of ways, installing a plugin or embedding a code into your HTML text editor.
1. WP Forms
WPForms is among the most beginner friendly wordpress form plugins.
For the beginner, it is a great plugin to start with as it doesn’t have complex features that some others form plugins bring.
There are two versions of WP Forms. WPform lite is free and the premium one lets you increase functionality and build multi-page forms.
2. Contact Form 7
Being opposed to Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 is free with more than 18million downloads in wordpress plugin repository.
Why People Use Contact Form 7
No doubt Contact Form 7 is easy to use. You can customize forms and mail content in a flexible way with HTML.
Additionally, it supports Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA and Akismet spam filtering.
3. Google Forms
Google form is one of the best examples of the survey form and it’s a service offered by google.
Anyone can create a form with a Google Account and it saves on the user’s Google Drive.
The creator of the form shares it with others, and asks them to fill it out.
All the responses to the form are saved in an Excel file stored in Google Drive.
Once you’re done collecting responses, you can close the form and download the results.
Just like almost all other Google Services, forms can be customized a lot.
Google offers 24 different themes with myriad colours, and each of them can be customized to meet your aesthetic requirements.
You can make questions compulsory or optional. One neat tool I liked is data validation.
You can check set parameters for the data to be accepted to prevent trolls from creating useless records on your form.
On top of all this, Google Forms is FREE.
How It Can Be Used
- Conducting Tests: Teachers can easily conduct tests for their students using this tool after all the students have taken the test, the teacher can take the test attempting all the questions with correct answers. Using a simple excel you can complete correcting all the answers in less than 15 minutes.
- Feedback forms and error reporting: The simplicity in using and submitting Google forms makes it optimal for small businesses as a feedback channel. Since it is backed by Google, you’ll have 99.999% uptime, and unlike other online form options (e.g. FormGet), it is completely free, and you can receive as many responses as you want – no irritating messages.
- Email opt-in/opt-out forms: This is one more way I’ve seen Google Forms being used.
4. User Frontend Submit Pro
For me, I choose User Frontend Submit PRO when creating a contact form for any website I manage.
This plugin is a drag and drop interface with flexible form fields.
You can create many forms depending on your need even you don’t know anything about coding.
You can create and monetize monetize your site with membership thanks to frontend Submit PRO.
In addition, it is integrated with PayPal and Stripe one-page check-out. Therefore, payment on your website is more convenient.
The author also implemented the feature that takes advantage of WooCommerce Payment Gateways to receive the payment. So you can use all the available payment gateway available for WooCommerce to receive money, instead of the Paypal and Stripe only.
The great feature of Frontend Submit Pro is allowing you to upload the files and save it to WP-Uploads. Hence, your candidates can submit their CV to your website easily
Furthermore, you can create subscribe form to MailChimp, AWeber, Responding, ManDrill and so on.
Obviously, you won’t miss any entry submission when the plugin send you each email whenever someone makes the submission. For this feature, your company will not miss any talent candidates.
5. Gravity Forms
The most popular form plugin. It is revealed that this plugin is used on 53 percent (53%) of the top million sites ranked by Alexa using hosted forms.
What Makes Gravity Forms Become so Popular?
First of all, Gravity Forms allows you to design and build your own forms through doing an intuitive forms editor.
This process contains multi-page forms, custom settings, limit entries and schedule forms, standard and advanced fields, pricing and post fields.
Plus, Gravity Forms can work with MailChimp, PayPal, Survey and other services with add-ons available
Although it costs $39 a year, Gravity Forms offers a personal license and support. The forms and entries are unlimited.
6. Ninja Forms
You can create any forms and email collection you need on your site.
Features of Ninja Forms are;
- Optional Ajax
- New Form Preview Mode
- Styling and Layout Options
- Import and Export Options
- Anti-Spam Filed
- Re-usable Fields
- Customizable Field Options
- Lots of Hooks and Filters
The plugin is free, but if you want add-ons, you have to pay for them.
7. Formidable Forms
It allows you to create and build your own wonderful forms quickly and easily.
You can be able to save all responses to the database for future reports, retrieval, and display.
Besides, I do like User Frontend Submit PRO when creating a contact form for any website I manage because of the following reasons.
- This plugin is drag and drop interface with flexible form fields. You can create many forms depending on your need even you don’t know anything about coding.
- You can create and monetize your site with a membership thanks to Frontend Submit PRO.
- In addition, it is integrated with PayPal and Stripe one-page check-out. Therefore, payment on your website is more convenient.
- The author also implemented the feature that takes advantage of WooCommerce Payment Gateways to receive the payment. So you can use all the available payment gateway available for WooCommerce to receive money, instead of the Paypal and Stripe only.
- The great feature of Frontend Submit Pro allows you to upload the files and save it to WP-Uploads. Hence, your candidates can submit their CV to your website easily.
- Furthermore, you can create a subscribe form to MailChimp, Getresponse and so on. Obviously, you won’t miss any entry submission when the plugin send you each email whenever someone makes the submission. For this feature, your company will not miss candidates.
8. Captain Forms (Freemium)
It’s packed with so many features and I don’t need to install an add-on each time I need something new.
It’s created by 123formbuilder, which has over 11 years of experience in form building.
Although it’s not open sourced as Contact Form 7, Captain Form has many features that I believe make it greater, such as:
- Full customer service support
- Form templates
- Built-in third party apps (MailChimp, Google Sheets – to name a few)
- WordPress post creation through submissions (good for marketplace buying-selling type platforms)
- Payment gateways
- File upload & storage
But strictly for a contact form, it provides:
- Multiple email recipients
- Conditional logic
- Custom auto-reply message
- Third-party integration (Zoho, Zendesk – for customer service)
- Custom design
- A contact form template
- Real-time custom reports
- Geolocation filtering
- Multiple sites support
- Upload storage & storage
The pricing packages are really cool, I recommend you check it yourself and see how it fits your needs. You can even find it in the WP Plugins directory from your dashboard.
Here are more related posts you should take a look at:
- What’s the Best Page Builder For WordPress?
- The 7 Best Free WordPress Themes For Bloggers (Fast Loading)
- How to Install Google Site Kit In 8 Steps
If you like this article, then follow us on Facebook for more updates.